Wednesday, July 11, 2012

39 Weeks Today!

Well, here I am- 39 weeks! Still no Hannah Rae. I think this is the hardest part of the whole pregnancy! Even harder than the sickness. Waiting is so hard to do! I don't think I can get the house any cleaner. And poor Mike is probably going to kill me when he sees the water bill- not a thread of dirty clothes in this house. I have done laundry pretty much every day. It's bad. I have watched hours of America's Next Top Model and Dance Moms re-runs. I have seen a dozen movies. I have had multiple manicures (just to make sure my nails are picture ready for holding my sweet girl).

I have talked to everyone I know about natural ways to bring on labor. I think I have tried them all (except the castor oil- gross!)
Pineapple
Walking on an incline
swimming
doing squats
warm bath
red raspberry leaf tea
some TMI methods
massage
eggplant parm....

and here I am, still waiting. :)

I know God has perfect timing. Only He can control when my sweet baby girl gets to make her big debut. So I am TRYING my best to be as patient as I can. Trying to listen to advice from moms about resting and relaxing while I can. So today, I am off to get a prenatal massage (thank you Mike!) and have a decaf latte. Ready when you are Hannah Rae!

Psalm 139: 'O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.'

No comments:

Post a Comment